The term ‘Diathermy’ means to heat through Diathermy is applied using electromagnetic waves that produce heat, but non-ionizing. Short Wave Diathermy is a heavy-duty machine mounted on castors for mobility in the Hospitals and Clinics.It has a storage compartment with a locking arrangement for keeping the accessories
Shortwave Diathermy 500
The term ‘Diathermy’ means to heat through Diathermy is applied using electromagnetic waves that produce heat, but non-ionizing.Short Wave Diathermy is a heavy-duty machine mounted on castors for mobility in the Hospitals and Clinics.It has a storage compartment with a locking arrangement for keeping the accessories
Radio waves in the short wave band have the frequency in the range of 10 MHz-500MHz.The Short Wave Diathermy used widely to utilize the frequency of 27.12 MHz and wavelength greater than 11m. There are two Main Circuits of Short Wave Diathermy and both are coupled to get the proper effect. There are two Main Circuits of Short Wave Diathermy and both are coupled to get proper effect.:- Oscillator Circuit and Patient circuit.
Uses of Short Wave Diathermy
Physiological Effects of short wave diathermy
The Principle effect of short Wave diathermy on the body is the production of heat in the tissues. Maximum heat is produced in the fat tissues, which results in the rise of temperature. The rise of temperature causes relaxation of muscles and increases the efficiency of their action. This increases blood supply ensuring the optimum condition for the muscle contraction.
Therapeutic effects of short wave diathermy are used for the treatment of both deep and superficial structures.
- Muscle Spasm: It is reduced by shortwave diathermy. This is helpful for pain relief.
- Inflammation: Chronic inflammation is resolved as a result of an increase in blood circulation, and aids the resorption of oedema exudates.
- Infection: It increases the number of white blood cells and antibodies to fight the infective organism, thereby enabling the control of chronic infection.
- Delayed Healing: To promote the healing of open skin areas there is an increase in the cutaneous circulation.
- Fibrosis: Heat increases the extensibility of fibrous tissues like tendon, joint capsules and scars. This effect is produced by temperature increase within the therapeutic range.
- One Pair Pad With Felt & Cover
- One Pair Wire
- One Main Cord
- Six Pieces 6A Fuses
- One Dust Cover
- Disc Electrode
RF Power Source
Digital (0 – 99 min) with auto alarm
Dimensions (H x W x L)
90 x 46 x 43 cm