The term ‘Diathermy’ means to heat through Diathermy is applied using electromagnetic waves that produce heat, but non-ionizing. Pulsed Short Wave Diathermy Fibre is a heavy-duty machine mounted on castors for mobility in the Hospitals and Clinics. It has a storage compartment with a locking arrangement for keeping the accessories
Pulsed Short Wave Diathermy Fibre
Pulsed Short Wave Diathermy Fibre
The term ‘Diathermy’ means to heat through Diathermy is applied using electromagnetic waves that produce heat, but non-ionizing.Pulsed Short Wave Diathermy Fibre is a heavy-duty machine mounted on castors for mobility in the Hospitals and Clinics.It has a storage compartment with a locking arrangement for keeping the accessories
Pulsed Shortwave Diathermy Fibre is utilising the short wave at the frequency of 27.12 MHz, which is pulsed at a rate selected by the therapist. The pulse frequency range is from 15 Hz to 200 Hz. The maximum Intensity produced by the machine is watts. The pulse duration is constant at 0.4 ms and square pulsed waves are used.
Radio waves in the short wave band have the frequency in the range of 10 MHz-500MHz.The Pulsed Short Wave Diathermy Fibre used widely to utilize the frequency of 27.12 MHz and wavelength greater than 11m.There are two Main Circuits of Pulsed Short Wave Diathermy Fibre and both are coupled to get the proper effect. There are two Main Circuits of Short Wave Diathermy and both are coupled to get proper effect.:- Oscillator Circuit and Patient circuit.
Uses of Pulsed Short Wave Diathermy Fibre
Physiological Effects of pulsed short wave diathermy
The Principle effect of pulsed short Wave diathermy fibre on the body is the production of heat in the tissues. Maximum heat is produced in the fat tissues, which results in the rise of temperature. The rise of temperature causes relaxation of muscles and increases the efficiency of their action. This increases blood supply ensuring the optimum condition for the muscle contraction.
Therapeutic effects of pulsed short wave diathermy fibre are used for the treatment of both deep and superficial structures.
- Muscle Spasm: It is reduced by pulsed shortwave diathermy. This is helpful for pain relief.
- Inflammation: Chronic inflammation is resolved as a result of an increase in blood circulation, and aids the resorption of oedema exudates.
- Infection: It increases the number of white blood cells and antibodies to fight the infective organism, thereby enabling the control of chronic infection.
- Delayed Healing: To promote the healing of open skin areas there is an increase in the cutaneous circulation.
- Fibrosis: Heat increases the extensibility of fibrous tissues like tendon, joint capsules and scars. This effect is produced by temperature increase within the therapeutic range.
The effects of Pulsed Shortwave Diathermy Fibre are the same as those produced by non-pulsed Shortwave Diathermy with the exception of the increase in temperature in the tissues. The effects are summarised as follows:
- Relief of Pain.
- Relaxes muscle Spasm.
- Increases metabolism by 2 to 3 times
- Stimulates the peripheral circulation.
- Stimulates the early closure of wounds.
- One Pair Pad With Felt & Cover
- One Pair Wire
- One Main Cord
- Six Pieces 6A Fuses
- One Dust Cover
- Disc Electrode
RF Power Source
Digital (0 – 99 min) with auto alarm
Dimensions (H x W x L)
97 x 44 x 43 cm